Re: [OM] Digital Preview[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Preview[OT]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:39:37 -0800
I would say it's typical in the low end digicams.  I've got and Oly
C2020Zoom and I can judge exposure via the LCD, but critical sharpness
can't be done that way.  My Oly has a brightness control for the LCD but
this also changes color saturation so I don't mess with it any more.  For
close up shots I use th LCD, but for everything else I use the
viewfinder.  Once I get past 5 feet the parallex effect isn't very pronounced.

--
Mark A. Thalman

I don't use the viewfinder much since there are selectable formats which do not always match the proportions of the viewfinder. Surprisingly, in the 90 page instruction manual it does not specify the format that corresponds to the viewfinder which seldom matches the view on the LCD. The reason I got this particular brand is that C*nsumer Rpts said that its menus were particularly easy to manage compared to the other brands which included the Oly. Hmm.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California