[OM] Trouble in OM paradise

Subject: [OM] Trouble in OM paradise
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:33:39 -0500
So my dad says he is seriously thinking of getting rid of his OM stuff.
What a shame!!!  Why you ask; he tried Nikon's FM3a on the weekend (anyone
else out there try it).  Don't know how I can convince him otherwise.

His rational is that prices now are really high.  Do you realize that by
selling his OM2n and his 35-70 3.6 he can FULLY finance the FM3a?  Crazy.
His view is that "Olympus is getting really, really long in the teeth."  He
is especially worried that his OM2n will eventually break and the circuit
become unrepairable.  He also states that the lenses are 1970 designs and
cannot compare to today's newer ones.

What can I say to rebut this?  I have thought about selling my stuff in the
past as well, but never could bring myself to it (not sure why).

Has anyone else had such feelings.  I will be interesting to hear....

Regards, and keep OMing
-Bill