Re: [OM] NiMh in flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] NiMh in flash?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 22:10:29 +0000
I think you got some bum cells, or a bad charger! They should read about 1.5 Volts and your T32 should charge much faster than it ever has. I've been using four sets of NiMH in a pair of T32's for a year now . . . well over a thousand frames through each and no problem. Sounds like they're either not taking a charge (cell problem), or they're not being charged correctly (charger problem).

I did discover one quirk unrelated to these troubles. NiMH won't hold a charge for months at a time. Fully charged shelf life isn't as long as NiCad. I must remember to recharge them just before going on a trip or before an event I know will use the flash heavily. When freshly charged, they recharge the T32 in noticeably less time than NiCad's and especially alkalines. They continue to do this until the bitter end (many flashes later).

-- John