Re: [OM] film vs digital

Subject: Re: [OM] film vs digital
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 17:37:13 -0800
Roger's post came at an appropriate time as I am catching up on digests
and was about to post a link to my first on-track work with the E-10
(warning: not for the feint of bandwidth):
http://motorsportvisions.com/qcsp01/index.htm Anyway, have a
looksee...results are interesting, and I am clearly on the steep end of
the E-10 learning curve, but love it! Great little camera.

I will put up a small private non-race gallery of E-10 shots soon too.

Anyway, Roger, how is the P-400 working out for you? I am thinking I
should take advantage of the $300.00 rebate and grab one before 12/31.
>From everything I have heard so far, it sounds like the way to go for
on-site print sales.

I plan to keep shooting film for the foreseeable future, just less of
it. Lack of a local fast turn E-6 lab (my lab is really not liking to do
2-hour E-6 anymore) has helped push this partly.

With diligent archiving practices, digital images can outlast film.
Keeping files backed up and moved to new storage technologies will be key.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com