Re: [OM] Advising students

Subject: Re: [OM] Advising students
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:53:57 -0800

If she has that much experience then advise her to buy a new 4Ti. It'll last her lifetime and probably the lifetime of her children--assuming anyone's still making film that long.

Tris

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:38:40 EST, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I know it makes sense to start with a camera system that you may keep and
>build upon over the years; and...it may not make too much sense to recommend
>the OM *system*... but what exactly does a 'student' need? Probably just a
>body, 50mm lens, and a basic flash.

I guess I should have been clearer - When I talk about this serious
student, I'm talking about someone who has already spent a couple of
years with a K-1000, 50/2, and 283, and is doing occasional wedding
backup and freelance work for the local paper. That said, she's not
much of a gear head, and her father isn't comfortable plunking money
down on the used market. So my two choices are to recommend a new
system, or to serve as their personal equipment broker for several
years.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co http://www.beancotton.com