Re: [OM] Xmas Exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Xmas Exchange
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:38:23 +0100
Hello Frank,

----- Original Message -----
From: <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 11:31 AM

> Belgium may be bi- or rather tri-lingual, but Welsh is not one of
> their languages...
> Walloon is the proper name of the local French they are speaking in
> the southern half of the country.

Not totaly exact, in fact Wallon is not  a local French, it's more like the
Occitan spoken in the south of France ( langue d'Oc but on the list we spoke
langue d'OM...) and it's not an official language like the French

> Vlaams/Flemish is the Dutch counterpart spoken in the north.
> And in some eastern regions German is spoken and officially used as
> well.
>
> Frank van Lindert
> Utrecht NL.
>
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:23:38 +0100, "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Anyone know the Belgian for "PHOTOGRAPH - PLEASE DO NOT BEND" ???
> >
> >Well, if it's the Flemish part, then the text would be "FOTO - NIET
BUIGEN".
> >As you're undoubtedly aware, Belgium is bilingual (Flemish/Welsh(SP?)),
so
> >you'd also do well to write the text in French on the parcel as well.
> >Anyone, know the French equivalent of it?
> >
> >Cheers!
> >Olafo

About the translation for Paul the best way to label it is
PHOTOGRAPHIES-MERCI DE NE PAS PLIER,but of course it depend of the location,
if that's in Brussel it's safer to use both languages