Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:23:33 +0800

Gary Edwards wrote:

> I say, I hit C. H.'s button!

It is okay :-) Did you also heard there are lot of E-10 has bad pixel?
My first E-10 did not, but I can tell you the first E-10 I got had
problem in manual focus, the optical viewfinder system is shifted, the
AF is accurate but if you use manual focus the picture was not sharp
as the mirror or something was off.

My second E-10 (replaced unit, still using) also has problem, two
position of the front dial does not work, as it control 1/3 of a stop
I can tolerate this fault. I just worry taking it back to repair will
make it worse. I repair camera and lenses myself, I know if you are
not careful you will eventually make things worse. I have some friend
who complained the lens sent to OM center here for element replace
eventually the element is replaced but some dirty go inside the lens.
I have the same experience for changing a 24/2 inside element,
fortunately I can clean it myself. The tradition film camera and
digital camera has different distributor here but I heard they are
even worse.

C.H.Ling