Re: [OM] Fuji Sensia?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji Sensia?
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:47:40 +0000
"Richard F. Man" wrote:

> I notice both Gary and Roger use the Sensia slide film. Is that a good one
> to use? Any other recommendation?
>
> In general, I don't like too much saturation (e.g. Reala in print). Also,
> should the Sensia II (the current product) be aged first?

Sorry, I'm a bit late on this.  My reasons for starting off using Sensia
were perhaps not sensible - basically I prefer Fuji green to Kodak
orange.  But once I'd started on Sensia I realy found it fulfilled all
my needs.  Colour-wise it's accurate, and not over-saturated (for my
tastes anyway).  The results are always very sharp, I get good scans
from it off my Scanwit, it always seems very sharp, and on long night
exposures (which I do quite a lot of) it seems not to suffer from any
noticable reciprocity failure.  I always use 100 speed.

I haven't really used many other slide films, but I would recommend
MS100/1000 for the faster stuff.  At 1000 it has similar grain to 400
speed film.  Also if you ever do feel like a supersaturated moment,
Velvia is a must, but also Agfa RSX 50 is very nice.

Roger