Re: [OM] Re: Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Lens sharpness
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:22:11 -0600
With regard to the Zuiko 28 mm f/3.5:  I presented my old 2-projector slide
show of landscapes from the Four-Corners Friday.  Most of the stuff is 20+
year old Kodachromes - from the time when I only owned a 50/1.8, a 28/3.5,
and a 75-150.  I had not seen the images projected for a long time and I was
struck by how crisp the shots made with that slow 28 are ( I mostly used it
at f/8, 11, and 16).

I can't state how sharp the images are on an absolute scale, but they
compare very well with those done with the 50/1.8 ( an accepted good
performer).  That 28 is long gone (no, it's not the one I sold you for
Adrian, Chris)- I got a 28/2.8 ten years ago, but I'd be happy to take it
with me even now.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/