[OM] What's the next lens for you?

Subject: [OM] What's the next lens for you?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 06:21:46 -0600
Mark,

Both excellent choices. If it was me, I'd go for a 90/2 first. It is such a
great lens. The bokeh is smoother than anything else I have ever seen. It's
also an excellent short telephoto and portrait lens.  A very general purpose
lens, but spectacular at its specialty.  A rare combination.  There's no
question that other lenses in the category are good too, such as the Tokina
and Vivitar, and even the Tamron (yes, Larry, I was listening :)), but there
is something indescribable about the 90/2 Zuiko.

As for the 35-80, it is also a great lens.  Fast and bright. Sharp.  All the
things you want in a zoom.  That said, I don't use it as much as I should,
as I carry the much, much lighter 35-70/3.5-4.5 more often. Am I sacrificing
quality?  Yes. No question.  But, the lighter lens lets me take a larger
kit.

So, in summary, I'd go 90/2 first.

I also don't know what else is in your kit.  You should also consider some
other excellent choices like a 21/3.5 or a 24/3.5 or even a 16/3.5.

Tom

From: "M. Royer"

<snip>
 This brings me to my next point. I would like to know