[OM] Good price on 320MB compact flash for E-10/20 users

Subject: [OM] Good price on 320MB compact flash for E-10/20 users
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 07:10:33 -0500
Check:  http://www.memorysuppliers.com/compactflash.html

At the time of sending this message the price for a Dane-Elec 320MB
compact flash was USD 143.  I don't have an E-10 or E-20 but I did buy
some of these a few weeks ago for USD 140 from this same source.  I used
them as the main hard drive on some navigational displays I was
building.  They work quite well in that role as CF looks to the computer
exactly as an IDE hard drive.  They have a sustained data rate of about
8MB/sec. and the shock rating is about 1000G's.  CF is now available up
to 512MB but I think these are new enough that I couldn't find a price
much less than about USD 1 per MB.  These particular 320MB units are CF
1.  The 512MB I believe are only available in CF 2.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA