[OM] teleconverter dilemma

Subject: [OM] teleconverter dilemma
From: Wim Verheyen <wimwim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:24:58 +0100
Hi zuiks and zuikettes,

I could get either an iS/L B-300 1.7 teleconverter or a 2x OM-teleconverter
for about the same price. I intend to use one of these on my Zuiko 135 f2.8,
and probably later on a Zuiko 200 f4 (if cash permits).
According to the esif, both converters will work with both lenses.
The iS/L converter is very tempting, since it claims no speed loss, in contrast
to the OM. Ok, the OM has a slightly larger magnification.
What should I do ? (Yep, get both I hear you say ...)
Is there a hidden catch with the iS/L teleconverter ?
Has anyone done comparisons between both types ?
Your advice is highly appreciated.