Re: [OM] Leonids (But what lens & film)

Subject: Re: [OM] Leonids (But what lens & film)
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:20:35 -0800 (PST)
I am going to try to build a barndoor star tracker
that is large enough to hold 3 OM bodies. I guess I'll
use my 2 OM-1s and an OM-3.

I got sidetracked in the star trails discussions where
they say that the f number isn't important but that
the physical aperture of the lens is due to the stars
being a point source of light. But a meteor is just a
regular object and not a point source so both maximum
aperture of the lens and film type are important.

I have several lens I can use, from 16/3.5, 24/2,
28/2, 50/1.4, 80/2, 100/2, Vivitar 135/2.3 and I
haven't bought film yet. What would the group
recommend? If I could get 20 to 30 visible meteors on
a fisheye shot, I would be quite happy.

I was thinking ISO 400 or 800 negative film might be
the best film to use. Again, what would the group
recommend.

Thanks in advance.

=====
Warren Xato