Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:43:49 EST
In a message dated 11/10/01 8:41:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Auto flash can be very inaccurate, it rely on the center 20-30 degrees
> reflection, not suitable for digital camera where the exposure tolerance is
> very narrow. Olympus T32 claim 5800K, I always set 5500K for flash,
> especially the background can be warmer than normal in a party.

I completely agree, however I have found that 5500 setting produces
fleshtones that are a little too red. E10 manual recommends 6500, in that I
think they are correct. You are correct about the exposure tolerance...it is
very narrow. Manual flash, for me, is easier and being careful about shooting
distances. It is often easier to use a portrait setup ( 4 or 5 lights) and
use a radio slave on the e10. Results are fantastic.
Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com