Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:23:51 EST
In a message dated 11/11/01 12:08:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I can't understand why 5500K setting is too red, if that is true then 6500K
> in E-10 setting will be more red? Actually if you set the E-10 to 6500K
> that
> means the picture come out will be warmer.
>
> GN is the usual tools I use if I have time, but I think you have missed my
> words, I was talking about party shoots. You cannot fix the shooting
> distance and you have no time to make the calculation for every shoot.

I think we are saying the same thing. However, as you go up the kelvin scale,
the light gets blue instead of more red. 6500 will give you less red than
5500. Also, it is easy to shoot at a known distance...i.e. 6 feet or 2
meters.Use the zoom, but always stay at that distance. It is easy to compute
the flash if you know what it is at a known distance...i.e. 12ft or 4 meters
is two stops different. 3 feet, two stops less than six...etc. GN seems, to
me, to be a lot of work rather than the above calculations. You can pick any
distance...find out the f stop for a given flash power...the rest is simple
math.
Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com