Re: [OM] Wyoming Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Wyoming Trip
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:49:51 -0500
At 06:34 AM 11/7/01 -0500, James M Costello wrote:

Wow ... Gorgeous shots.    You did a great job of capturing the power,
even considering what you had to work with.  Isn't it amazing what
happens when you combine some mountains, some dry air ...

[snip]

None of the above is meant, in any way, to detract from what you were
able to capture or your obvious skills as a photographer.   It was meant
as a simple observation as to the wisdom of traveling from GA to
Yellowstone in the first place: great scenery mostly = great pictures.

I really enjoyed them.   It sounds like you had a great trip.

<vbg> Thanks for the compliments from you, Marty, Tom, Roger, Chris, Les, Henrik and others that contacted me off List. You're certainly correct - it really helps when you've got subjects like Yellowstone Park and the Grand Tetons Park to work with. If you can get the technical aspects nailed you're bound to get some nice shots. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in a post to the List earlier this month, I was a klutz and had major problems with the ASA setting on the OM-4 changing when I made exposure compensation changes. The upside to that is that now I've become aware of the potential problem and it hasn't re-occurred again in the last couple of rolls of film. I still lay awake at night though thinking about some of the shots I didn't get. Maybe next time! :-)

Thanks again,
Johnny