RE: [OM] Macro 20mm Lens for Bellows

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro 20mm Lens for Bellows
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:49:30 -0000
Hans van Veluwen wrote

>  What kind of (Olympus) microscopes used the
>  RMS thread anyway? All the micoscopes I've ever
>  seen, even big monsters from Leitz and Olympus
>  (Vanox) use a much smaller thread.

All the microscopes I have ever used have objectives with the RMS (Royal
Microscopical Society) thread, that is 0.8 inches diameter, 36 tpi, the same
as the Zuiko 20mm f/3.5 and 38mm f/3.5 macro lenses.

My microscope objectives fit perfectly on the PM-MTob objective mount.

Alan Wood

Documentation Writer / Web Master
Context Limited (http://www.context.co.uk/)
mailto:alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx