Re: [OM] Using Filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Using Filters?
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:52:08 +0000
Well, I suppose that any extra bits of glass you put between light and
film will degrade the image quality, but I've got cheapo (Jessops)
skylights on all my lenses and I've never noticed any loss of sharpness
or anything.  Even though I'm a skinflint who only actually owns one
Zuiko and has never spent more than 70 pounds on a lens I definitely
wouldn't leave a lens naked - a smashed filter would be considerably
less heartbreaking than a smashed front element.  For your Zuikos I'd
get a skylight or UV filter as soon as possible.

Roger