Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:53:34 -0600
Well, I've done no tests, other than shooting with it, but I love the
50-250. The 5X range, coupled with the quality of the results is wonderful.
During soccer season, I shoot dozens of rolls through it and it is the only
lens in my back.

The 35-105 is clearly a better lens than the 35-70/3.5-4.5, but it is bigger
and heavier. With 3X zoom, it is also more useful.  It's hard to ignore the
'smallness' factor of the 35-70, and the results, to my eye, are quite good.

Neither compares to the 35-80/2.8 though, especially when you factor in the
low-light capabilities. The challenge, of course, is cost. The 35-80 is just
way too expensive.

Tom

P.S. If you want the 50-250, consider the Tokina for a lot less. It is
reputed to be the same lens.

From: "C.H.Ling"