Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:58:27 -0700
No offense taken, Tom.  But, I wasn't talking about price, I was talking
about useablilty.  Sure, I could go out and buy myself a new 1.4
gigahertz computer with lotsa bells and whistles, but my lowly AMD 350
mhz system does just fine for what I use it for.

And the same holds true with my OM gear.  I could go out and buy an
expensive N*k*n or other system with all the latest bells and whistles,
but for what I use my gear for I probably wouldn't use 500f those bells
and whistles.

So, although my analogy may stink, I think we're in agreement on the
general point...  our OM gear is plenty good when compared with the
latest and greatest.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  G'luck on the e-Bay auctions!

On 28 Oct 2001, at 9:40, Tom Scales wrote:

> Chris,
>
> No offense, but that's a lousy analogy.  If lenses were like computers,
> then the latest Nikon lenses would be 35-80/f 0.1 and cost less than a
> dollar.
>
> I would stake my 90/2, 100/2 and 180/2 against almost anything available.
>
> Just examples.
>
> Tom
>
> From: "Chris O'Neill"
> <snip>
>   Personally, I tend to
> > look at it the same way I look at my computer equipment...  no, it ain't
> > the newest and fanciest,  but it sure does work good and it meets my
> > needs just fine and dandy.
> <snip>
> > Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca