Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:17:13 -0500
I think many people today get caught up in the search for the ultimate
sharpest lenses. Often we forget that many of the greatest photographers
used lenses inferior to our own Zuikos. Oly lenses are famed for their sharp
optics, and that won't change over time. I've been tempted lately to change
systems, but not because another brand offers "better" lenses. I've never
had much use for autofocus systems, but image stabilization has changed my
mind. The ability to hand hold a long telephoto, with good results, is of
great benefit to the photographer, imho. However, so far, that benefit has
not been great enough for me to abandon the OM system. For myself, improving
my eye and technique with a system with which I am perfectly comfortable has
had a far more positive impact on my photos than improved optics could.

Just my $0.02,

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada