Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: Marilyn Bagshaw <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:21:16 -0800
I agree with you, Chris.

 Outdoor Photographer had an article, bottom line, don't replace equipment just
because you want the latest/greatest, master what you already own.  I have 2 OM
bodies, Zuiko lenses, just bought 2 more Zuikos off ebay.  Thinking I was doing
myself a favor in 1999, I bought a 28-200 Tamron zoom to take to Ireland and
reduce my load to one camera body, one lens. Disappointments include, no depth
of field feature on the Tamron.  That feature resides on Zuiko lenses.  In
taking a  shot straight down, wide angle, gravity takes the lens all the way
out to its full 200 mm zoom.  You have to hold the lens up with your fingers.
Talk about camera shake!

In summary, I'm back to 2 bodies; one with a 28-48 Zuiko; one with a Zuiko
65-200 Telephoto Close up/extension tubes for super close stuff.  Both ride
beautifully without notice, one on each hip.  I have a 75-150 and,of course a
50 when weight is not a problem.  Sharpness could be photographer expertise
which I'm still working on!  As you point out, Chris, I learned to live with a
DOS only computer way after Windows hit the scene.  I'm a much better computer
analyst (which was my profession) because of it.  You really know your stuff
when you shoot  OMs armed with Zuikos!

Marilyn
2 cents worth in California!