Re: [OM] OM-4 Serial numbers

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Serial numbers
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:08:20 -0400
At  00:25:33 10/05/01,  Henrik Dahl wrote:

>All this talk of serial numbers made me wonder if there is one for the OM-4 that marks that it > has the new circuit? Mine has the new circuit and has serial:1,063xxx. Is it the ones 1,000000
> or are all new circuits replacements?

Hi Henrik,

I've been out of town for 10 days and just saw your message while browsing the digests. My OM-4 is serial number 1,031,xxx and appears to have the old circuit since the buzzer stays on for at least a minute. Weren't they all manufactured that way?

For anyone that's into dates, the camera was purchased new in August, 1984 and the manual was printed in November, 1983.

Later,
Johnny