RE: [OM] Zuiko lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko lenses
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:25:17 +0200
Hi,

[...]

> As for tele-lenses there is a Zuiko 300/4.5 that is a great lens and can
even be handheld
> although I recommend getting a sturdy tripod. this lens costs 300-400
used. Another thing
> you could do is to get a 2x teleconverter for your 65-200 zoom which
doubles the focal
> length to 400mm but you lose some light and some image quality and have ot
use a tripod.

[...]

> One teleconverter you might want to get is called a Vivitar Macro 2x
Focusing converter.
> This very good converter doubles the focal length of your lenses and gives
them macro
> capability up to 1:1 reproduction. This converter can be found for around
50 dollars on
> ebay and there are several auction for them going on right now

Very good advice Mark!
I'd just like to add one small comment to this, and that is that if you're
going to look for a teleconverter to hook up to the 65-200/4, the Olympus
2xA won't do, as the 65-200/4 has some protruding tabs at the mount side of
the lens, preventing it to be put on the Olympus 2xA. Therefore, indeed one
needs either a 3rd party teleconverter, or one needs to remove these tabs
from the lens (which I don't recommend). I think the Vivitar TC you
recommend is about the best you can get, so if it fits to the 65-200/4, that
would indeed be the one I'd be looking for.

Cheers!
Olafo