Re: [OM] PNG? was: Photo Editing for Dummies

Subject: Re: [OM] PNG? was: Photo Editing for Dummies
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:57:38 -0500
Nothing.  Changing the ppi has NO effect on the image at all, just the
'reference' to the size it would be if that many pixels at that many ppi (or
lpi) where used to make up the image.

The only place it seems to matter is in photoshop where, if you don't change
it, you end up printing an image the size of a 35mm negative.

I know.  I do it all the time when I forget to correct it.

But, in the end, 1 ppi or 1000ppi, you still have the same digital image.

Tom