Re: [OM] painting chrome OM-1 covers black.....

Subject: Re: [OM] painting chrome OM-1 covers black.....
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:19:07 -0400
This was discussed here awhile back, if memory serves me correctly. I think
the concensus was that, to refinish the body properly, this was not a do it
yourself project. Maybe some of you with better memories than I can recall
some of the discussions/suggestions.

Personally, I'm a sucker for a black OM body. All of my bodies have been
black, with the exception of a couple of beater chromes that I scavenged for
parts. If there is one thing that seems to drive me crazy, its brassing.
I've hassled Olympus USA and Olympus in Europe to see if they might have any
black top/bottom plates kicking around. Unfortunately, they didn't, but I
gave it a shot. I'm now resigned to looking for a black OM-2n and OM-1n in
absolute mint condition to keep as collectors, and keep my present cameras
for actual use.

I've heard some good suggestions for touching up brassed areas, but how
about the white lettering?

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada