Re: [OM] painting chrome OM-1 covers black.....

Subject: Re: [OM] painting chrome OM-1 covers black.....
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:00:15 +0100
Bruce Hamm wrote:

> ...I've heard some good suggestions for touching up brassed areas, but how
> about the white lettering?

If you mean engraved numbers or letters, this came up a couple of weeks ago
on another forum and I've just repainted the white aperture markings on a
black ring of a lens. I used a little tub of white acrylic paint and painted
into the engraved figures with a small paintbrush, giving it a couple of
minutes for it to 'get a grip', then using a small piece of lint free cloth
pulled *tightly* over an index finger, I wiped away the excess. The result
looks great. I had a mug of water standing by in case there was a problem
wiping it away dry but I didn't need it. If you use paint other than water
soluble, you may need some suitable solvent handy for the same purpose.

HTH
Keith Berry,
Birmingham, England