RE: [OM] Re: 4T black on eBay <$500

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: 4T black on eBay <$500
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:23:53 -0600
Brassing wear frequently has more to do with how the camera is carried than
how much use it actually has been subjected to. Brassing is not necessarily
a sign of abuse. My favorite black OM-2N has had over 700 rolls through it
and there is no brassing. That particular camera was never carried on a
strap but always in a padded case or hanging from by hand by the BG 2 grip.
I've had cameras that were still very tight and crisp but had severe
brassing. I worry more about signs of abuse such as dents, dings, scratches
or evidence of having been really dirty. I've read that the OM-4T and OM-3T
series cameras were designed for a service life of 30,000 rolls. If that's
true not very many people would ever wear one out with proper care and
maintenance. /jnm