Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]

Subject: Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:05:35 -0700
In a message dated 9/24/2001 Bruce Hamm writes:

<< The only real complaint I have is with the adaptall 2 mount
itself. Because I use the converter quite frequently, I am having to
remove
and re-attach the mount often. I find it a royal pain in the a**. >>

Agreed, but converters are a PITA in Zuikoland as well. I have developed
a technique for changing the 1.4XA in and out from between the body and
350 but it is dicey. First off, when using the 350 I have no strap on
the body (strap is on the lens) and the 350 is attached to a monopod.
The protruding front element of the 1.4XA just screams "scratch me" and
the juggling act really requires three hands to be 100afe.

I seldom use converters with my Tamron 80-200/2.8 but when I do I remove
the lens from the mount, leaving the mount on the body, and attach the
converter in between. Then it really is only marginally more difficult
than an Olympus converter (have to line up the aperature tabs is the
only extra step). The only converter I normally use with the 80-200 is
the Tamron 1.4X but I carry a Zuiko 2XA just in case. I once tried two
mounts...one for the converter and one for the lens without and that
really didn't help things much. Reality is, converters are a pain, but
when I see results from that 490mm @f4 combo (350+1.4XA) I am so pleased
I forget what a pain it was.

Anyone have any good converter handling tricks and tips? Love to hear
'em!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com