Re: [OM] Is the 35-70/ 3.5-4.5 plastic

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the 35-70/ 3.5-4.5 plastic
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:32:45 -0700
Yes the 35-70/f3.5~4.5 is mostly plastic. That is one reason that the lens is
so light. I was
wworried when I first purchased mine some 15 years ago that it would not hold
up. Not to worry, it
may be plastic, but it is well built. I have used this lens for cycling,
climbing, hiking, you name
it. Probably my most used lens. It doesn't look pretty these days, but it still
works just fine!

Jim Couch

"M. Royer" wrote:

> I know that the zoom ring is plastic, but is the rest
> of the body plastic as well. Even if it is of course I
> still love the lens :).
>
> Mark Lloyd

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA