Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]

Subject: Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:26:33 -0400
> I would love to play with the Tamron 80-200/2.8. That is a lens that I
have
> never seen, but would be real nice to use I think.

Definitely a beautiful lens. I have one and the more ubiquitous Vivitar
Series 1 70-210 f3.5. There is very little to compare between the two. The
Tamron dwarfs the Vivitar, and is so much sharper. I've never been to
impressed with the Viv, and I'm thinking that maybe I have a bad sample. I
use my Tamron with a matched Tamron SP 2X converter and the results are
fantastic. The only real complaint I have is with the adaptall 2 mount
itself. Because I use the converter quite frequently, I am having to remove
and re-attach the mount often. I find it a royal pain in the a**.

There are definitely a lot of really nice third party lenses out there, many
of which are as high on my "covet list" as any Zuiko. What do the rest of
you folks feel? Are there any third party lenses that you're particularly
smitten with?

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada