Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]

Subject: Re: [[OM] (Fwd) Using non-zuiko lenses with OM's]
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Sep 2001 13:46:18 CDT
Richard,

I'm not personally familiar with the Samyang brand (I do own a 19-35mm Phoenix
zoom though, it's ok...), but I've read from a number of members here and
people on www.photo.net that dealing with Cameta Camera is pretty risky at
best.

Also keep in mind that the catadioptric (mirror) lenses can have lower
contrast and under certain circumstances product "donut hole" artifacts on
your photos.

I've got a Tamron 500mm f/8, and I'd rate it a C+ to B overall. It IS
portable, and affordable as well.

Check out http://www.keh.com and check Tamron Adaptall Lenses under their Used
Equipment. I bought mine there; it was graded Excellent, which was
conservative and I think that you should be able to find a Tamron or Vivitar
Series I for under $200 if your budget is limited.

Craig