Re: AW: Cable Release for OM4? - was [OM] How to take a picture ..

Subject: Re: AW: Cable Release for OM4? - was [OM] How to take a picture ..
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:47:20 +0100
Thanks Rainer. I may look for a decent one: yes, that's another excuse to visit camera shops everywhere I go ;-).

Chris

At 09:50 +0200 24/9/01, Dr. Rainer Wagner wrote:

At 19:10 9/23/01, Chris Barker wrote:
Roger's point about using a cable release reminded me of something: I
don't use a cable release with my OM4 because it doesn't work.  It must be
my cable release, but when I was taking photos of a Shuttle launch years
ago, it just stopped releasing the shutter.  It was then that I faintly
remembered something about using only the right cable release with the OM4.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

Yes, I have experienced this also. In my case, I found that after a while
the outer sleeve (black fabric) of my Hama cable release tended to be longer
than before, so that the travel of the plunger was not enough to reach the
release. Plunger was not adjustable on this one, so this item was
discharged. I now have a very sturdy Minolta cable release with what looks
like metal fabric under clear plastic as the outer sleeve. This one never
failed. I mainly use it for long exposure in astronomy pics. So , get a good
one !

Rainer

--
<|_:-)_|>