Re: [OM] How to take a picture of a building at night

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take a picture of a building at night
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:43:41 -0700
===Mark Lloyd wrote,

I would like to know how to take a picture of a well
illuminated building at night. I will be using a good
tripod and an OM-4 with a variety of lenses mainly a
24-shift, 135 3.5, and 50 1.4 or 1.8., and Kodak Gold
200 film. What I would like to know is what f-stops I
should be shooting at. Whther I should be using mirror
and apeture prefire. Can I use auto or do I have to
use bulb. If I have to use bulb, how long, (in genral
should I use it for?) Can I use a cable release? And
finally is there anything else, any tips or tricks I
should think about when taking the picture, or if
there is anything I missed that I have to do when
taking the picture. Thank you for your answers====

Basically, you have it down already.
A good tripod and auto exposure.
Try using the self timer function to reduce movement.
You could also spot meter on an area you think
should be middle tone and use manual exposure.
If you are concerned about color balance you
may need to find out what kind of lighting
is present and use a correction filter.
Happy Shooting.

Charlie Loeven

PS Now that the tourist industry is slowing down here in Las Vegas
I may get out to do some night shots of the strip and Freemont street.