RE: [OM] Film rewind lever rattles (since I fixed it, ahem)

Subject: RE: [OM] Film rewind lever rattles (since I fixed it, ahem)
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:21:06 -0400
Don't assume the lens or camera work at the same amount of travel.
That's why one is usually adjustable, or by using "Dynamic
synchronization" (Thumb tilting). Test by trying, without any film,
that the lens is fully stopped down (at smallest aperture) when the
shutter releases

To distinguish which cable attaches where, you could use different
coloured cables to make one. Choose ones which have different travel
& use the one which goes first to stop down the lens.

Tom

On Friday, September 21, 2001 at 19:41, andrew fildes <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "RE: [OM] Film rewind lever rattles ," saying..

> >> Check this out: http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/dualcable.html
> >
> > Hey, thanks! I was thinking more of wrapping some wire around the body and
> >plunger parts of the two and soldering them together, but that's a lot
> >nicer.
> >
> > -- dan
>
> Looks nice but I'd want to modify it - you need one of the cables to fire
> first, to stop down the lens before the shutter fires. This device doesn't
> seem to allow for this. The old Prontor I have actually has one adjustable
> release so that you know which one to connect to the lens end. You could do
> this by stagger-mounting them and colour coding the end of the lense
> release.
----Abacurial-Information-Management-Consultants http://abacurial.com
Tom A. Trottier, President ICQ:57647974
        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.417 W75.705

(after 2001 Oct 14) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.714