Re: [OM] voltage differences for electronics - OT

Subject: Re: [OM] voltage differences for electronics - OT
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:55:46 -0700
on 9/18/01 6:43 PM, C.H.Ling at chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It is normal for many electronic stuffs to work at wide range of
> voltage, the OP-Amp in year 70' can work from +/-5V to +/-15V and the
> CMOS logic can work from 5 to 15V. The MD's motor is a low current
> high voltage DC motor, 12-20 Volt should be fine with it.
>
> C.H.Ling

Off-topic but NOT Afghanistan! My computer (Power Computing Mac clone) uses
168 pin DIMM memory, 5 volt fast-page mode. Of course this is now hard to
find compared with 4 years ago, while "PC-100" and "PC-133" memory is just
about falling off trees (I've seen 512MB DIMM advertised for $40!)

Is it possible that the PC-100 would work in my computer? -- I think the
voltage spec is 3.3v not 5.0v. Its almost cheap enough to just buy it and
try it...
--

Jim Brokaw