Re: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?
From: "Tina Turgeon" <tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:47:14 -0400
Mark,

I looked at the e-sif but still didn't understand the difference (and if
they all do basically the same thing, why are they called different names).
Thanks for the cost information - it's much appreciated.

Tina

------------------------------

Mark wrote:

Go to this site http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/ and look
under the motor drive group. It has all the different
winders and motor drives listed and lists their
features. What it doesn't list is their price... A
motor drive 2 will cost a good 100-200 dollars more
than the winder 2, which itself ranges from 50-100 on
ebay to up to 150 used in camera shops and 200 and
over new from B&H. A motor drive costs around 500
dollars new, but is a lot quieter from what I hear.
the only stupid question is the one unasked. When I
first got into OM system I didn't know anything about
winders either, personally I don't use one that much
and manually advancing is pretty easy once you get
used to it. I can advance at about 2fps manually.

Mark Lloyd