Re: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference between motor drive and winder?
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:02:25 -0700
At 01:41 PM 9/17/01 -0400, Tina wrote:
>What's the difference between the motor drive and a winder?  I see that they
>all work with OM cameras.  They all advance the film automatically.  I see
>that 1 just has single-frame advance and the others advance the frame as
>long as your finger is on the shutter release.  But what makes one better
>than the other?  And *why* is one called a motor drive and the other a
>winder?  To be honest, I feel like I'm asking a stupid question.  My goal is
>to not have to advance the film myself.  Thank you!

Tina,

If your goal is simply to have the film advanced then the winder is for
you. Pros (and those needing rapid fire sequence shots) need the heavy duty
horsepower of the motor drive group. I use both the Winder 1 and winder 2s
on my OMs fairly regularly and have never needed the high frame rates that
the motor drives provide even though I regularly shoot aviation related stuff.

There is also less "stuff" to worry about with the winders than the motor
drives.
Barry H