[OM] 24mm WA -- focus at infinity is off

Subject: [OM] 24mm WA -- focus at infinity is off
From: "jlamadoo, home account" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:11:49 -0400
Stuart Bobb wrote about an inexpensive non-Zuiko 24 mm wide that apparently
doesn't focus to infinity anymore.

For what it's worth, I would not put money into fixing an affordable 24 that
doesn't focus to infinity.  While I sometimes want something wider than the
28mm /2.0 Zuiko, I've having fun trying digital panorama software.  I
recently took 6 frames covering about 180 degrees in overlapping fashion
with the 28.  The $30 software seemlessly joined and blended the images
together.

I don't have a film scanner, nor an outlet for fine arts photos but the
resulting photo looks cool on my web page.

http://photos.yahoo.com/jlamadoo

At first, you see a thumbnail, so click it to view the big version.  The
viewer uses the browser's scroll thumb to scroll right.  I'd like to have a
nice 21 some day but in the meanwhile, I'm growing and can capture what I
"see" in my mind's eye with these tools.

I guess I'm just repeating the now familiar mantra, "shoot more".  I mean, I
don't think Henri Cartier Bresson had anything wider than a 28 and look at
the amazing sense of space he was able to caputre.  Over and over again.

Like I said, that't my two cents.

All the best,

Jim L'Hommedieu