Re: [OM] [OT] Afghanistan thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Afghanistan thinking
From: Nick Taylor <ntaylor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:06:01 -0700
Dirk Wright wrote:

> This is an intersting point because it shows that building height
> reflects societies values. First, the churches and other religious
> buildings were the tallest, then palaces and other government buildings
> were tallest, now commercial buildings are tallest. We've moved from
> having religion as the most important aspect of our society, to royalty
> and government, and finally to commerce.

I beg to disagree Dirk.  Religion *is* the most important aspect of
our society!  Commerce has become the dominant religion, and in the
U.S. the dominant sect is capitalism.  The cold war was a religious
war!  Just listen to the rantings of the "bleeding heart liberals"
and the "hard core conservatives" in their arguments.

  -Nick T.