Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:17:27 +0100
Rich

That was a heart-warming message.

Since I wrote my last post (" ... populist/jingoistic ...") I have read a long article in the Independent on Sunday about how the news networks dealt with the dreadful events of last Tuesday as they unfolded. Apparently, for instance, the BBC and ABC have a partnership and they worked together, when they could with all the loss of comms etc... to produce a continuous news programme. The US network linked their pictures with the BBC to provide a video feed.

My point was speculative. Clearly my fears were unfounded. It was not meant to be a cheap point.

We all want to do and say what will be the most productive, most useful, most effective thing now - witness your reaction to your little neighbour. I know just how you felt, in a far away, trying to connect sort of way...

Chris