Re: [OM] List name change

Subject: Re: [OM] List name change
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:45:29 -0700
I'm sick and tired of folks abusing this Listserv and posting current
events discussions.  I was tolerant in the face of national mourning.
However, AOL is full of message boards for just such discussions.  That
is one place to get involved in virtual communities of like minded or
shared interest people.

Anyone who consistently goes OT on this List isn't going to get a reply
from me to any on-topic question they may have. That is my person
protest to what has become a grand annoyance. I'm now stuck downloading
two copies of each Digest, since I had to resubscribe in the wake of
this going subscriber only. Unfortunately, I still get the Digest I was
getting before I subscribed - the one which wouldn't let me post.  The
volume of OT postings (and especially their length) really clogs my
bandwidth, since I generally get four Digests everytime I log on for my
mail.  I need to get to my business e-mail fast and this is driving me
crazy. Folks also like to get their on topic questions answered in a
timely manner and there have been questions (without answers) buried in
the OT postings.

Just go away OT people.  Create your own virtual communitity somewhere
else.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV