Re: [OM] Yet More photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet More photos
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 02:24:17 -0400
On Sunday, September 02, 2001 at 9:53, Richard Keefer <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] Yet More photos," saying..

> Tom,
>
> I am not very familiar with polarizers, if you rotate for one car to
> minimize, when the others come through the same corner will the effect
> remain the same?

Yes, it depends on the angle of the windshield & the light source.
It will vary thru the day as the sun moves, but the car glass will be
much the same. There's usually a two dots on the polariser, and if
you point one toward the sun, it's usually the best position.

> Panning with slower shutter speeds sounds HARD!

Just try, you're not making 2 second exposures. Practice without
exposing first. Keep one part of the car near some piece of your
focus screen.

Tom
---------------- Questions answered, Answers questioned -- No spam, please
Tom A. Trottier 415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7 N45.418 W75.703
(after 2001 Oct 14) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8 N45.412 W75.715
        http://abacurial.com +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412 ICQ:57647974
"To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the
focus to different distances, for admitting dif
ferent a
mounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration,
could have been formed by natural selection, see
ms, I co
nfess, absurd in the highest degree."
  -- Charles Darwin
Ottawa photo clubs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-photo-clubs