RE: [OM] Yet More photos

Subject: RE: [OM] Yet More photos
From: "Mike Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 08:22:10 -0500
If I had used a polarizer the glare from the glass might not
have shown up.  I didn't notice the glare through the viewfinder,
otherwise I might have tried that.

Maybe Mike Veglia can comment on glare, and also speed - I notice
speed in the corners when I see the cars tilted, wheels lifted, etc.
Panning and using a relatively slower shutter speed can help with
blurring of the wheels, but you risk blurred photos overall.  If
I had used 100 speed film maybe this would have helped, but it
might have hurt as well when the sky was overcast.  I chose faster
film and shutter speeds to err on the safe side for my abilities.

This corner is one of the slower ones at RA.  The cars were coming
downhill fast, braking hard to make the right-hander, and
then accelerating hard out of the corner and up a hill.  It is
the most difficult corner on the track to negotiate, and we saw
several 'offs' here, including a Datsun 280Z rollover in the sand
(no photos of that one).

The red car is an Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ (Tubolare Zagato - tube frame
design, body by Zagato).  Rare and very expensive.  The black car
is an AC Shelby, right-hand drive as it is from the UK.  There
were a number of right-hand drive British cars at this event.  Must
be interesting on the track if you're not used to it.

Mike