Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 05:44:38 -0500
Susan,

Hate to say it here, but you're wrong.  The OM-2 was designed for either the
QA310 (not QF310 - there is no such thing) with the Shoe 2 OR the T flashes
with the Shoe 3.  The OM-2n was designed ONLY for the T series flashes using
a Shoe 4.

That's why the T20/T32 panel says full automatic control by OM-2.  I've been
using an OM-2, Shoe 3, T32 combination for over 20 years with perfect
results.

I don't think his comments were snippy at all.  He got a lot of answers
about how he was wrong, but Larry had the only constructive suggestion.

Here's mine.  There are three things that could be the problem.  The camera,
the shoe or the flash.  I'm happy to loan you one of each so that you can
figure out which is the problem in your setup.  I don't have any spares of
any, so I'd need them back, but this would let you figure out which
component was the problem.

Tom

> In a message dated 9/16/01 2:08:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx writes:
> << Susan,
>  Thanks for your response but where does this misconception come from?
The
>  T-32's calculator panel says, "full - automatic control by OM-2".>>
>
> oh, maybe from using the OM-2's for 26+ years? The OM-2 was originally
issued
> with the Shoe 2, and the OM2n's with Show 3 so that they could use the
newer
> T32, as the Show 2 used the 310. Your post did NOT indicate that you had
Shoe