Re: [OM] The E-10 -- what about it?

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-10 -- what about it?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:55:25 +0800
Your word of "same lighting situation" is very tricky, you can never
do that unless in studio. Any background change will affect the
autoexposure function of the scanner, even the clothes color will
affect your result. The biggest problem is it not only affect the
brightness and contrast, the RGB will be shifted and you can never get
it back to the exact value. I have not found any software that can
handle the negative well (I mean provide you accurate color and
contrast) even for the highly praised Vuescan. If you know how the
scanner software work you will know under most situation the software
cannot render the actual color, for the best they just provide you
something that look good.

If you don't believe you can take two shot at the same time, one with
slide and the other with negative. Process them, take the neagtive to
scan and try to see how your software peform.

You may also argue even many slides are not designed to render actual
color like the E100VS, so I just stick with Sensia II and Provia F for
their more "close to real" color.

C.H.Ling