Re: [OM] The E-10 -- what about it?

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-10 -- what about it?
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:37:51 -0400
I just returned from a (shortened) teacher's seminar. Monday night we had a group picture taken by a professional photographer using an E-10. He used a non OM flash attached through the PC cord and had another one as a slave. Because he could so easily see the results, he didn't even use a meter, but just shot with various lens and light combinations until he was satisfied. There was a tree (the tree of knowledge?) in the middle of where we grouped. He will digitally remove the tree and stitch two pictures together.

He keeps looking at a D1 because of all his unused lenses and the inability to use lenses with the E-10. I told him to hang on, the new Olympus with interchangable lenses will arrive soon.

I don't see the E-10 performing any differently than our other cameras in regards to sports photography. In fact, it might be more like when we used prime lenses and focused on a particular part of the field and waited for the action to come to us.

Gregg

Tom asked:
I have an opportunity to buy an E-10 at a favorable price.  What's the
general reaction to it for sports.  Is the shutter lag too bad?  Is the
shutter speed and autofocus fast enough?

I have to decide in the next couple hours!