Re: [OM] OM-2 flash problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 flash problem
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 11:23:06 -0400
All-
Here's a follow up. My suspicion from the first was that the Shoe 3 I got from
Tom* was fine. No marks, no dirt, no corrosion. I cleaned it anyway. Gee, still
looks great. I thought that if the mating of shoe to the body was questionable,
and gravity was playing into that mix, slightly pushing the flash in the shoe
similar to how gravity might move it would duplicate the effect, and allow the
flash to fire in the upright position. It didn't.

To try to eliminate the shoe, I used a TTL auto connector 3 to fire the T32
from the OM-2. Well, the camera displayed the same behavior. It will not fire
the flash unless pointed down, or upside down. This without the weight of the
flash on the connector, and regardless of the position the flash my be held
(eliminates the flash as well as the shoe).

In all other respects, the camera works well. All controls are smooth, it's
clean and looks like it's had little use. I've had it for about 9 months, but
haven't really pressed it for flash service.

If anyone has had this kind of OM-2 experience, I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks,
-Mickey

*In my original post, I mentioned that I got the shoe from Tom because those
who have bought from him know that he tests the equipment and stands behind it.
It is in excellent condition.