Re: [OM] OM-2 flash problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 flash problem
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 09:12:52 -0400
This sounds like a perfect reason to dedicate this body to macro flash work when hanging upside down from a tripod. Now you have a reason to get another camera and also a varimagifinder. Or send it for a CLA. Sure sounds like a loose wire.

Gregg

All-
Here's a follow up. My suspicion from the first was that the Shoe 3 I got from Tom* was fine. No marks, no dirt, no corrosion. I cleaned it anyway. Gee, still looks great. I thought that if the mating of shoe to the body was questionable, and gravity was playing into that mix, slightly pushing the flash in the shoe similar to how gravity might move it would duplicate the effect, and allow the flash to fire in the upright position. It didn't.

To try to eliminate the shoe, I used a TTL auto connector 3 to fire the T32 from the OM-2. Well, the camera displayed the same behavior. It will not fire the flash unless pointed down, or upside down. This without the weight of the flash on the connector, and regardless of the position the flash my be held (eliminates the flash as well as the shoe).

In all other respects, the camera works well. All controls are smooth, it's clean and looks like it's had little use. I've had it for about 9 months, but haven't really pressed it for flash service.

If anyone has had this kind of OM-2 experience, I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks,
-Mickey