[OM] OM-2 flash problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2 flash problem
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 00:03:59 -0400
Hi Zuiks and Zuikettes. I have a problem using my T32 on the OM-2 with Shoe 3.
First, the flash works fine on my OM-4T, as do my other T32 and T20. But the
OM-2 will only fire the flash while tilted 90 degrees forward to a point where
it's fully upside down shooting parallel to the floor. Doesn't matter what mode
I'm in (auto, manual) on either the camera or flash. I've cleaned the contacts
on the shoe (top and bottom) even though it looks quite pristine (a T.Scales
original). I doubt it's the shoe, as no kind of flexing or reasonable pressure
on the flash or shoe affects the outcome. Seems like a loose wire or contact
within the body.

Any thoughts?

TIA!
Mickey